All posts by PETERBelow are all of PETER's postings, with the most recent are at the bottom of the page.
PHeathfield (East Sussex, England) transmitter
Thursday 16 April 2015 11:36AM
Hi, i live in tn330tu Battle area. i receive good signal and most channels during the day. when re tuning i usually have a choice of transmitter and the end of the scan. east Sussex or Kent.
at night anywhere from 730pm through the night i lose channels and get no signal on 90% of channels. now if i retune for example only to get say 20 channels i can watch BBC 1, 2 and BBC NeWS channels having had no signal on these. the same situation is with itv and other channels. during the day i can get over a hundred channels all working well. i am utterly fed up with dtv, why it was ever brought god knows it is and absolute pain. i have good outdoor aireal and cables are in good shape. i wish that i onle had one transmitter as having two seems to be the possible problem.
|link to this comment|
Saturday 5 July 2014 8:41PM
For the past eighteen months I have had "no signal" mainly in the evenings.
I am certain that this is due to weather conditions , either high pressure or heavy rain. If this is the best service I can expect and nothing can be done about the situation which is coupled with transmitter problems then it is a very poor state of affairs when the old system worked perfectly for decades.
What I am unable to understand is that following a channel search I find i have a choice of two transmitters. One says Kent, the other East Sussex. Kent is suggested as the best reception. Even when I accept Kent, I end up with East Sussex, The whole system is very poor and I am not only dissapointed but angry too.
My aeirial is fine and the thing works fine for 85% of the time the remaining 15% is rubbish and ruins a programme that one is watching and then suddenly goes off with no signal sign.
What the hell are the benefits of this system I ask and why was it changed knowing that there would be problems from transmitters and weather interferences?