The new Freeview prediction system - includes Freeview HD
The new Freeview prediction system - beta - is here. Finally!
If you visit Freeview reception - UK Free prediction you now get a much more detailed page to help you with any reception issues.
As before you can see this page with a postcode, the system will shortly also allow the input of national grid references, or latitude/longitude references.
Firstly, you can get a prediction for any number of dates by selecting the appropriate tab at the top.
Five different viewsThere are five different views
- By direction: this will show the various directions your aerial might point and the services you can receive from the transmitters in that direction.
- Received signal strength: this shows the information ordered by signal strength, to help you find the strongest signals.
- By frequency: this lists broadcast frequencies from C21 to C68, showing the services on each. This view can be used to find potential interference or to help with digital region overlap areas.
- Service names: this lists the services that you can receive, each ordered by the strongest signal.
- Transmitter names: and finally an alphabetical list of the transmitters with the services listed by broadcast frequency.
Aerial group choiceWhen you first visit the page you will see the services received by a "wideband" aerial, now you can also select the other aerial groups to see how that will effect reception.
IssuesFor the moment it is not possible to resolve postcodes in Northern Ireland (BT) or the Isle of Man. Apologies for that.
Try it nowTry the new UK Free TV Freeview reception - prediction system now.
|BBC Three Linear channel re-opens||1|
|Removing all barriers to communication between diverse cultures||2|
|How do I get a test card with Freeview||3|
|What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau||4|
|Can I receive UK TV in Ghana?||5|
Many thanks. I found "another" ITV on Channel 800 after seeing your reply. When it came to the adverts they were different from the adverts on Channel 3 and one advert was for Somerset Cider! I shall not have proof that this is ITV West, however, until 6p.m. tomorrow when the local news comes on.
Will keep you informed.
|link to this comment|
Kath Oakes from Newcastle-under-lyme my freeview television keeps saying no signal and flickering and no picture only sound monday morning and this afternoon the transmitter has been off I dont think this is good enough do I have to wait until september before it will be sorted.
|link to this comment|