menuMENU    UK Free TV logo Archive (2002-)

 

 

Click to see updates

Feedback

Changes to feedback page

Changes to feedback page
published on UK Free TV

For the last six years, I have answered many thousands of personal emails that you have sent to UK Free TV.

Sadly, I am unable to offer this personal service at the moment.

Until I can restore this service, please can you leave any questions you have on an appropriate page, where they will be answered as soon as possible, or below, if you can't figure out where to ask.

I look forward to your questions!



Help with TV/radio stations?
BBC Three Linear channel re-opens1
Will car radios have to be replaced?2
Will UKTV History and FTN eventually be available on fSfS or Freesat? They are 3
Could u please explain why there are no subtitles on most of your films terresti4
Can I pay as you go for British Europsort on my digital tv without subscribing?5
[][][
In this section

Comments
Saturday, 22 February 2014
M
MikeB
sentiment_very_satisfiedPlatinum

10:36 PM

dennis: Dennis - you cant record Iplayer (your PC can download programmes, but only for 7 days). Could you tell us what TV make and model you have? It sounds like you have a smart TV, so its pretty unusual not to have an HD tuner in one.

link to this comment
MikeB's 2,579 posts GB
Monday, 24 February 2014
D
dave
6:32 PM

hi i have a sky box model tds470nb will this box work abroard.Plus will I need a a freesat card.
Many thanks for answering this question

link to this comment
dave's 1 post GB
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
S
Steve P
sentiment_satisfiedGold

12:15 AM
Wrexham

Your box will work anywhere where you have a big enough dish to see the satellite.

Without a card it will get the free channels. There is a thread here somewhere that compares freeview freesat freesat from sky etc.

link to this comment
Steve P's 1,172 posts GB
S
Satish
8:46 PM

I changed the rf from 68 to 21 but it doesnot get saved cannot use the save settings as on pressing the down or up button the menu disappears and a speckelled screen appears.
Then on pressing the sky button the tv programme eg 101 is visible but on checking the rf it shows 68 once again.
I have tried to use the green button too but no result of saving.
Pls help
It is a sky plus box.
Thanks

link to this comment
Satish's 2 posts GB
J
jb38
sentiment_very_satisfiedPlatinum

11:01 PM

Satish: You have to set this up on the main TV that your Sky box is connected into via either a scart or HDMI lead and "not" via the Sky boxes RF1 or 2 output that goes into the aerial socket of the "secondary" TV that its assumed you are viewing, this being auto tuned in analogue once that the Sky box has been set up on your main TV.

This said on the assumption that you are using a secondary TV in another room from from the main one?

link to this comment
jb38's 7,179 posts GB
Wednesday, 26 February 2014
S
satish
8:33 AM

jb38:
Hi thanks for your reply.
I have actually done the procedure on the main sky box and not through the eye.
But cannot save or retain a channel change I.e rd channel.
Regards

link to this comment
satish's 2 posts GB
J
jb38
sentiment_very_satisfiedPlatinum

9:26 AM

satish : Is your Sky box coupled into your main TV via a scart lead? because if it is and you have set the Sky boxes RF output channel to 21 and pressed "save new settings" then the image on the second TV will vanish as the TV will have to be auto-tuned (in analogue) to enable it to find the new RF output from the Sky box, once found make a note of the TV's "channel position selector number" indicated on the screen and press "store" or "save", remembering that the channel position number is "not" the RF channel number used on the Sky box, most usually allocating programme Ch1 on the analogue TV to view the Sky box as nothing is broadcast on analogue channels nowadays and so any position number can be used

If though you are referring to the Sky box not having retained the newly selected RF output channel number even although you have pressed the "save new settings" bar then that indicates a fault on the box.



link to this comment
jb38's 7,179 posts GB
J
Jai Parmar
12:44 PM

Hi,

I have just done a quick analysis of your site and I have found that only 37% of your page has ads, leaving 63% unmonetised space. (from https://ukfree.tv/star…php)

OnScroll is an Ad Tech platform which specialises in monetising whitespace delivering viewable inventory and works with some of the Uks biggest publishers such as Autotrader, The Independent and New Statesman. Weve created an average of 35% extra inventory across our publishers and we only serve ads if there is space for it no risk to ruin user experience!

I would like to talk more about how we can work together, I could arrange a demo showing you how we can monetise your site, can we arrange a call?


link to this comment
Jai Parmar's 1 post GB
Thursday, 27 February 2014
S
Steve P
sentiment_satisfiedGold

11:59 AM
Wrexham

I have just done a quick analysis of your site and I have found that only 37% of your page has ads, leaving 63% unmonetised space.

Which is probably why you still have users.

link to this comment
Steve P's 1,172 posts GB
Saturday, 1 March 2014
M
Mr Scott
12:06 AM

Is there any way of getting a list of FREQUENCIES for UK DVB broadcast channels?

Sadly it seems to be common practice for Channel Numbers be wrongly referred to as frequencies. They are ~NOT RADIO FREQUENCIES~

link to this comment
Mr Scott's 2 posts GB
Select more comments

Your comment please
Please post a question, answer or commentUK Free TV is here to help people. If you are rude or disrespectful all of your posts will be deleted and you will be banned.







Privacy policy: UK Free Privacy policy.